Eastham Superette & Cottages

PHOTO

GALLERY

Please scroll through our gallery of photos.  Our Archives Room has a vast collection of photos, maps and various publications, please visit us Tuesdays 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the 1869 Schoolhouse Museum located at 25 Schoolhouse Road, Eastham during the months of April - December

If you have any photos that you would consider donating to the Eastham Historical Society & having posted in our Gallery, please  email them to easthamarchives@gmail.com

The Town Hall, Eastham, MA

The Town Hall, Eastham, MA

Eastham Town Hall, Route 6

Eastham Town Hall, Route 6

Chapel in the Pines, Eastham, MA

Chapel in the Pines, Eastham, MA

Universalist Church - Chapel in the Pines, Eastham, MA - 1906

Universalist Church - Chapel in the Pines, Eastham, MA - 1906

Town Hall & Windmill, Eastham MA

Town Hall & Windmill, Eastham MA

Eastham RR Station, Eastham, MA

Eastham RR Station, Eastham, MA

Eastham RR Station - North Eastham Station

Eastham RR Station - North Eastham Station

Eastham RR Station - loading the train

Eastham RR Station - loading the train

Methodist Church and Burying Ground

Methodist Church and Burying Ground

M.E. Church, Eastham MA - built 1851, destroyed by fire on September 18, 1920

M.E. Church, Eastham MA - built 1851, destroyed by fire on September 18, 1920

Original Eastham Public Library - Eastham, MA - 1906

Original Eastham Public Library - Eastham, MA - 1906

Original Eastham Public Library, Eastham, MA

Original Eastham Public Library, Eastham, MA

Samuel Brackett's Store

Samuel Brackett's Store

Hotel Almena, Eastham, MA

Hotel Almena, Eastham, MA

G. H. Clark's Store, Eastham, MA

G. H. Clark's Store, Eastham, MA

Eastham Filing Station, Eastham, MA

Eastham Filing Station, Eastham, MA

Driving Down Route

Driving Down Route

Constructing Route 6

Constructing Route 6

Town Pump, Eastham, MA circa 1910

Town Pump, Eastham, MA circa 1910

The old town pump and granite watering trough were once located at the junction of Salt Pond and Locust Roads. The pump originally cost Eastham $15, plus 25 cents for a metal cup. The granite trough is dated 1905 and bears the beautitude "Blessed Are the Merciful. They were moved to Windmill Green in October 1934

Route 6 Repair Crew circa 1915

Route 6 Repair Crew circa 1915

J. Gill, A. Gill, S. Nickerson, R. Higgins & Len Dill

State Highway, US Route 6, North Eastham, MA

State Highway, US Route 6, North Eastham, MA

View on State Road, North Eastham, MAA

View on State Road, North Eastham, MAA

Cottages and Beach Postcard, North Eastham, MA

Cottages and Beach Postcard, North Eastham, MA

Doan Rock, Eastham, MA

Doan Rock, Eastham, MA

Overlook Inn 1907

Overlook Inn 1907

Now the Inn at the Oaks

The Over Look Inn, Eastham, MA

The Over Look Inn, Eastham, MA

The Over Look Inn in Eastham, MA

The Over Look Inn in Eastham, MA

The Ice House, Eastham, MA

The Ice House, Eastham, MA

Last of the Three Sisters Lights, Eastham, MA

Last of the Three Sisters Lights, Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lights in Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lights in Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lighthouses, Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lighthouses, Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lights - Eastham, MA

Three Sisters Lights - Eastham, MA

Wreck of Parrsboro Vessel at Nauset, Eastham, MA

Wreck of Parrsboro Vessel at Nauset, Eastham, MA

Approach to Coast Guard Beach

Approach to Coast Guard Beach

Aerial View of Coast Guard Beach

Aerial View of Coast Guard Beach

Doane Family Plaque

Doane Family Plaque

Hopkins cottage at Nauset Beach July 15, 1894

Hopkins cottage at Nauset Beach July 15, 1894

Eastham Historical Society

Museum Locations - Currently Closed

1869 SCHOOLHOUSE MUSEUM
25 Schoolhouse Road
Eastham, MA 02642
508 255 0788

Please note, phone is not monitored when museum is closed.

WRITE US

MAILING ADDRESS
PO Box 8
Eastham, MA 02642-0008

EMAIL US

GENERAL INQUIRIES
easthamhistorical@verizon.net

RESEARCH OR GENEALOGICAL INQUIRIES
archives@gmail.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

1741 SWIFT-DALEY HOUSE
2375 Route 6
Eastham, MA 02642

smile_ge_logo_light_2x._CB441554320_.png

Copywritten by Eastham Historical Society - 2020

Aerial View of Coast Guard Beach