The Eastham Windmill, located on the Green in the center of Town, was built in Plymouth about 1680. It was moved to Truro in the 1770s and then to Eastham in 1793 to its first location where the National Seashore Salt Pond Visitor Center is now located, and then to its present site in 1808. Lovingly restored and maintained, it is both the oldest and and last working gristmill on the Cape.
Owned and maintained by the Town of Eastham, the Mill is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during July and August; 1-5 p.m. on Sunday.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Jim Owens, painter, author & former schoolteacher at Nauset Schools was the "Miller" at the Windmill for about 45 years.. Jim was also a Past President of Eastham Historical Society. Sadly he passed away in August 2018.