Cove Burying Ground

COVE BURYING GROUND on Route 6 is Eastham’s oldest cemetery. Three Mayflower passengers, Lt. Joseph Rogers (1608-1678), Constance Hopkins (1605-1677), and Giles Hopkins (1607-1690), are interred here. Near the cemetery is the site where the first meeting house was erected by settlers in 1644.

 

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.

Copywritten by Eastham Historical Society - 2019